article thumbnail

7 Ways Academic Connections Can Assist A New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

If you need experienced partners and vendors, the best professors and entrepreneurship staff will have the contacts you need in the local business community. For example, I live near the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Connections to a mentor. They also provide incubator services and space for early startups.

Arizona 432
article thumbnail

Startups Need to Leverage Their Local Universities

If you need experienced partners and vendors, the best professors and entrepreneurship staff will have the contacts you need in the local business community. For example, I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Connections to a mentor. They also provide incubator services and space for early startups.

Arizona 239
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Marvel’s fascinating turnaround story is no less than a heroic action story where the protagonist flips the scales at the last moment and arises like the phoenix, just like the many superheroes it helped become household names. Thanks to Keith Terrell, Backpacks Global ! #14- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

As the CEO of Hera Hub , the global co-working space, Felena recognized an opportunity to build a female-focused coworking space largely because she couldn’t find one that catered to her needs. The company now has additional communities Phoenix, AZ, Washington, DC, and Sweden, with several other cities in the works.

article thumbnail

7 Paybacks an Alma Mater Can Offer an Entrepreneur

If you need experienced partners and vendors, the best professors and entrepreneurship staff will have the contacts you need in the local business community. For example, I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Connections to a mentor. They also provide incubator services and space for early startups.

Arizona 231
article thumbnail

7 Ways it Pays to Build a Socially Conscious Startup

Even without B-Corp status, entrepreneurs are speaking out more on the positives to support business models that benefit not just shareholders, but customers, workforce, the environment, and the greater community. For some business opportunities, like Facebook and Twitter, the community is the value. Marty Zwilling.

Vermont 251
article thumbnail

Seven Ways Universities Can Help All Startups

For example, I live in the Phoenix area, home of Arizona State University. The Thunderbird School of Global Management, also here in Phoenix, has a top-ranked International MBA program, an entrepreneurial incubator program, and facilitates institutional and Angel investments in qualifying startups.

Phoenix 235