article thumbnail

How a crappy promotion led to me being a software engineer

Austin Startup

This post expands on a recent podcast I did with Living Corporate outlining the story behind my career switch to software engineering. I’m currently coming up on my two-year anniversary as a software engineer on December 19, 2018. Before working as a software engineer, I was already in “tech”, just not at a startup.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. It’s a very smartly designed debenture program.

Community 378
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Road to Hire to Bring Paid Tech Training and Job Access to Under-Resourced Young Adults (18–25) in…

Austin Startup

Vanessa Baker, an August 2020 Road to Hire graduate, who is now a successful software engineer at Bank of America in Charlotte, said, “The power of Road to Hire to invest in and build the next generation of tech professionals cannot be quantified. The organization looks forward to finding that same sense of community here in Texas. “As

article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. Olin College Foundry Program. The Grand-daddy. MIT Start Lab.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

The Digital Transformation Is Affordable For SMBs: Where To Start In Your Digital Strategy

YoungUpstarts

The problem, is historically, the investment in time and resources required for traditional digital solutions can feel out of reach, and the type of programs used by corporations aren’t practical for SMBs for daily operations like reporting, inventory, or accounting. Decide if a forum comment violates community guidelines.

article thumbnail

More Coders. More Diversity.

Feld Thoughts

Techtonic Academy provides underprivileged youth, minorities, women, and veterans both technical training and mentorship to become entry-level software engineers and pursue a career in the technology field. The benefits are obvious. Reach out to Heather if you’d like more information. The post More Coders. More Diversity.

Coder 70
article thumbnail

Transformify: The Sustainable Platform for Remote Jobs

Transformify

It was a growing community of people who enjoyed their digital nomad lifestyle. At the same time, talented software engineers, designers, digital marketing experts, product managers, etc. However, the salaries are spent locally, thus revitalizing the local communities.