article thumbnail

Texas Gets A New Tech Equity Program

Austin Startup

By: Kasheef Wyzard and Michelle Ferguson Image: Dream Corps TECH Black Engineer Educators Let’s face it?—?we Big Tech has shattered boundaries and made the previously impossible a new reality?—?but To date, Dream Corps TECH has placed 75 students, including partnerships with multiple Fortune 50 companies!

article thumbnail

From apathy to action: Transforming volunteer boards through tech empowerment

Board Effect

Enter technology and board development — the secret weapons for enhancing board engagement. Those efforts include strong onboarding programs and continuous board training and development. It also builds the skills they need to be effective decision-makers, including the best ways to communicate and create consensus.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Practical Education: 6 Technical School Certifications To Further Your Career

The Startup Magazine

Many Americans choose to forge their own way by choosing a trade school or a trade certification program over college. Would you like to learn how pipes fit in a house like a beautiful, technical maze? Most industrial engineering techs attend a technical school or get an associate’s degree before they become certified.

article thumbnail

The Importance of Secure Technology in Community Banking

Board Effect

Advancements in technology excite us because they make our lives easier and more convenient. As technology advances and evolves, it gives criminals increasing opportunities to access sensitive information, engage in identity theft, and it poses financial and other risks. Implementing the Elements of Secure Technology.

article thumbnail

Supporting the Zane Access Inaugural Pre-Capital Program Cohort

Feld Thoughts

I’ve been involved in gender inequity issues since I joined the National Center for Women & Information Technology board in 2005 shortly after it was formed. I’ve been involved in gender inequity issues since I joined the National Center for Women & Information Technology board in 2005 shortly after it was formed.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Their Thoughts on Industries That Need Technology Innovation The Most

Hearpreneur

Technology advancement has transformed the way we live, work, and communicate. The continuous innovation in technology has led to the development of smarter devices, faster and more reliable networks, and unprecedented levels of connectivity. Better technology means happier patients and less stressed staff.

article thumbnail

Unlocking Success: Empowering Community Banks with Governance Management Software

Board Effect

While “data governance” may not be a term we hear that often, it has immense influence on how community banks and credit unions collect and utilize data to drive their operations. Community bank boards and senior executives use data to control, influence and regulate people, actions and events.